Hydrology Monitoring Officer – Groundwater
Flexible work arrangements to suit your lifestyle
37.5 hour working week
Generous leave allowance
For the right applicant it is possible for the role to be based at NRC’s Whangarei, Waipapa or Kaitaia offices.
We are carers for Northland's environment and community. Are you one of us?
The opportunity awaits…
The Hydrology Monitoring Officer - Groundwater will be the continuous groundwater monitoring expert in a team that carries out the broader range of Hydrology monitoring including rainfall, river flow, tidal, soil and climate monitoring. This position has a particular focus on continuous / telemetered groundwater monitoring but will also be involved in the other aspects of monitoring and reporting.
You will undertake the collection of groundwater data including continuous water level and water quality data, as well as discrete groundwater quality sampling data. However, data collection is just the beginning of this opportunity, you will install, service and maintain the hydrological data collection equipment, process data to national standards (NEMS), interpret and report information to internal and external stakeholders, perform compliance monitoring of resource consents and state of the environment monitoring.
Do you have what it takes?
· We are looking for someone who can bring the following to our diverse talent pool:
· Tertiary qualification in a related discipline (e.g., science, hydrology, environmental monitoring etc.)
· 5+ years’ experience in hydrology with groundwater monitoring/science experience
· You will have a good understanding of groundwater systems
· Experience with installing and maintaining hydrometric stations and equipment
· Experience in the analysis of hydrological data for the description of trends and extremes
· Experience in communicating technical hydrological data, including report writing, and presenting to audiences
· Experience with time series software, such as Hilltop is preferable
· Experience with data telemetry hardware and software is preferable
· Experience in local government is preferable
· Full drivers’ licence
Applications must be made via our careers page; please go to the web page below to make your application.
Please note: if you have not applied for a job with us before, when you get to the Infor login you will need to register to create your account.
Want to have a kōrero with us first or just need more information? If so, contact our Hydrology Manager, Allen Temple (email@example.com) today.
Applications close on 8 October 2023
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency/citizenship or valid NZ work visa.