Environmental Technician | Pūkenga Taiao
· $75K - $84K p.a + long service leave + Rā oranga wellness leave
· Choose to match up to 5% employer contributions to kiwisaver and/or kiwisaver superannuation on a base agreement.
· Relocation assistance available to aid you in relocating to our beautiful sunny Nelson.
If you are passionate about the taiao environment and are looking to further your scientific and field monitoring skills, we have a great opportunities for those looking to build their careers and gain experience working with environmental monitoring and data management.
Kō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Based in Nelson CBD but working across the region, you will help deliver science-based environmental programmes to protect and enhance Nelson’s taiao environment by contributing to the collection and management of water quality, hydrology, and air quality environmental data, and contributing to the running of the Council’s state of environment monitoring data archive and telemetry systems.
No day is the same, on any given day you could be:
· Working alongside iwi providing technical support.
· Carrying out field data collection
· Conducting fish surveys and habitat assessments
· Installing and maintaining field monitoring equipment.
Ko ngā pūmanawa ōu | About you
With a degree or equivalent qualification in environmental science, or New Zealand Diploma in field hydrology. You have a passion for the outdoors and a healthy attitude towards health and safety. You will have experience in environmental monitoring fieldwork and data handling including the use of a broad range of equipment and data management software, and be comfortable working in remote areas in all weather conditions, including rivers and reservoirs.
The following skills are also desirable:
· Experience with iwi engagement, tikanga, Te Reo Maori or willing to develop.
· High level of communication and relationship management skills.
· Enjoy working outdoors and physically fit to meet job requirements.
· Good general computer skills including spreadsheet and database management.
· Experience with Hilltop, Hydrotel and GIS software would be an advantage, not necessary.
Ko ngā painga mōu | what we offer
We recognise that rewarding you is not only about your pay. In return for bringing your skills, knowledge and experience to us, we offer generous leave provisions which include Rā oranga Wellness days, generous kiwisaver and superannuation benefits, discounted insurance options, employee benefits in the local region, EAP services and ongoing personal and professional development in an inclusive and supportive work environment.
In addition to a comprehensive salary package you will have the opportunity to join a passionate, value based team who are aspiring to be experts in their field by adapting insights and innovations from outside the region to modernise best practices in caring for our region.
If this sound like you Apply now! Click here to find out from our Locals why Nelson is the place to be
View Job Description for Environmental Technician with a focus on Air Quality monitoring
Applications close midnight Thursday 7th December 2023 - Applications will be reviewed as they are recieved so we encourage you to apply now!
For more information, please contact Stefan Beaumont, Team Leader Science and Environment: Stefan.email@example.com