Hydrology Monitoring Officer
Northland Regional Council
Whangarei Central, Northland
Flexible work arrangements to suit your lifestyle
37.5 hour working week
Generous leave allowance
We are carers for Northland's environment and community. Are you one of us?
The opportunity awaits…
We have a vacancy within our Hydrology team. The key focus of this team is monitoring and reporting on water quantity for the purposes of flood warning, engineering projects, security of supply, and the sustainable management of surface water and groundwater in Northland.
Key responsibilities of this role include; The installation, servicing and maintenance of structures and hydrological data collection equipment. Hydrological data collection and flow gauging programmes throughout Northland. Assist in groundwater investigations, including the collection of groundwater hydrological data, water quality sampling and pump tests. Process hydrological data to national standards (NEMS), interpret and report information to internal and external stakeholders, perform compliance monitoring of resource consents and state of the environment monitoring.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for someone who can bring the following to our diverse talent pool:
· Tertiary qualification in a related discipline
· Five plus years' experience in hydrology
· Work independently as well as part of a team
· Experience in flow gauging and hydrometric data collection
· Experience in the analysis of hydrological data for the description of trends and extremes
· Experience with installing and maintaining hydrometric stations and equipment
· Experience with time series software, such as Hilltop is preferable
· Experience with data telemetry hardware and software is preferable
· Experience in local government is preferable
· Actively seeking continuous improvement
· Full drivers' licence
Applications must be made via our careers page; please go to the web page below to make your application.
Please note: if you have not applied for a job with us before, when you get to the Infor login you will need to register to create your account.
Want to have a kōrero with us first or just need more information? If so, contact our Hydrology Manager, Allen Temple (firstname.lastname@example.org) today.
Applications close on 1 September 2023
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency/citizenship or valid NZ work visa.