Group Manager Environmental Research
Are you an experienced leader with the proven ability to secure, manage and oversee the execution of funded research programmes and commercial opportunities?
· Be part of the Leadership Team, where you will help form and deliver the strategic direction of the company.
· Join us as we execute world-class R&D and make a real impact on NZ’s agriculture, industry and the environment!
Who we are: Trusted Science and Technology for a Better World
Lincoln Agritech Limited (LAL) is a leading edge, independent research and development (R&D) company with a wide variety of industrial, agritech and environmental projects. Our diverse team of around 90 people include scientists, research engineers, software developers and many other skilled and passionate professionals who support the innovative work we do. We have a proven history in sustainable growth and an ambitious plan to accelerate company growth over the next five years.
Our Environmental Research Group supply tools and knowledge that enables regional and central government, as well as water users, to manage groundwater quality and quantity, nitrogen impacts and water allocation to enable a sustainable future for New Zealand’s water resource. We are one of only four research organisations in NZ with groundwater capability, and we have a strong reputation for undertaking research that makes an impact.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that provides variation, professional development, and is part of a company leading the way in agritech innovation and caring for the environment – this job is for you!
This role will see you:
· Leading a team of 11 science professionals, across two locations in Lincoln and Hamilton.
· Providing strategic direction for the Environmental Research Group, including identifying opportunities for research that are market driven and needs based.
· Actively pursuing and maintaining informative and collaborative relationships with research agencies, Government and Local Government Authorities/Agencies and potential funders.
· Actively seeking and securing research funding from both public and private stakeholders.
· Ensuring research projects and contract work is appropriately planned, scientifically robust, and successfully implemented and evaluated; with capacity for you to contribute to the scientific thought and leadership of projects.
What you’ll bring:
· 3-5 years proven and applicable experience in an environmental/scientific management role.
· A tertiary qualification in hydrogeology or other relevant scientific field, with an understanding of ground and surface water issues.
· A broad understanding of environmental issues, particularly freshwater, a fundamental understanding of agricultural systems, and experience working with and reporting to funders and clients.
We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of Lincoln University. This role will see you working from our head office based on campus at Lincoln, near Christchurch.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. We will consider a 0.8 FTE role for an experienced science manager in this area. Lincoln Agritech offers a positive workplace culture, flexible and hybrid working arrangements, free onsite car parking, group subsidised health insurance with Southern Cross, retailer and service provider discounts with Boost and more.
The full position description for this position is available from our careers website - http://www.lincolnagritech.co.nz/about/careers/.
If you’re ready to join us, apply now and submit your CV and cover letter. Applications close 5pm Sunday 12th March 2023. Applicants may be progressed prior to the closing date, so if you’re interested in this opportunity – apply now! If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, you can contact us on email@example.com or (03) 325 3700